Headquartered in Vancouver BC, SHARC manufactures wastewater energy transfer equipment for single buildings or for district energies. Wastewater is a resource that offers a tremendous source of energy for domestic hot water heating and space conditioning. The SHARC is a turnkey solution for transferring thermal energy to or from wastewater and is suitable for a broad range of applications including multi-unit residential buildings, commercial buildings, and district energy systems.
Wastewater Energy Recovery
- Consistent source water temperatures year-round. Wastewater has an average temperature of 21°C (70°F).
- Capable of high COP’s, and with addition of a factory-supplied metering package can report COP to the local display and the building management system.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Save roof space for green roof or rooftop patios.
- New R-513A refrigerant for low GWP of 573
- Advanced touch screen controls, BMS communication, remote monitoring, trending, factory programmed and commissioned.
- Odor free due to hermetic seal.
SHARC – Packaged Wastewater Processor
- Process wastewater to a consistency suitable for running through plate heat exchanger.
- Water-source heat pump used downstream of the SHARC HX.
- Can be used for domestic water heating or space conditioning applications.
- Sizes range from 4 to 8 inch piping (100 to 1500 GPM). Multiple modules may be used to suit larger flow rates.
- Automated reversing valves control back flush, keeping the heat exchanger operating at design parameters.
Piranha – Built-in Heat Pump
- Available in 5 to 15 ton sizes.
- Utilizes jacketed internal tank & heat pump to transfer heat out of wastewater for use in heating domestic water.
- Piranha “HC” adds ability to utilize building cooling demand as a secondary source, taking load off the chiller for a combined COP effect.