Tempeff manufactures high quality energy recovery ventilators & AHU’s in Winnipeg, MB. Their core model ERV utilize Dual Core® technology that provides up to 95% sensible heat recovery without requiring a defrost strategy. The corrugated aluminum energy cores also offer some latent recovery, with extra latent recovery available with the new Dual Core Plus™ energy core option.
Tempeff’s dual core technology works by bringing the outdoor air in through one energy core and exhausting building air through another energy core. Every 60 seconds there are internal dampers that change the direction of flow across the energy cores, and the outdoor air is then drawn in through the pre-heated core. This style of heat recovery does not require defrost protection even in extreme climates, and energy cores are ‘self cleaning’ by the frequent change in airflow direction.
Unit configurations and options are customizable based on job requirements, please work with Riada Sales for assistance in specifying Tempeff on your next energy efficient building!
- Airflows from 1,000 to 96,000 CFM
- Built-in VFD’s for modulating airflow
- OA & EA at opposite ends
- Indoor or Outdoor
- Airflows from 110 to 2,060 CFM
- ECM fans for modulating airflow
- Vertical, horizontal, and ceiling hung configurations
- Indoor mounting
- Airflows from 550 to 22,000 CFM
- Similar to RG model but OA/EA connections at same end
- Helps facilitate duct layout on indoor units
- Indoor or Outdoor
- Airflows from 100 to 2,000 CFM
- 3-piece modular design for easy site configuration
- Options for ECM fans, 0-10V control, supply air filter
- DualCore efficiency at a lower price point
Alternative HRV Formats
We stand behind the flagship DualCore energy recovery method from Tempeff above, with efficiencies up to 95% and no preheat requirement even in cold climates. However, to suit a wider variety of project requirements, Tempeff has expanded their offering to include many different energy recovery technologies as summarized below.
- Compact space requirement
- Up to 75% recovery efficiency
- Optional latent recovery with enthalpy wheel
- Variable speed wheel, stepper motor available for high turndown
- Simple design, no moving parts
- Lowest cost recovery option
- Optional latent recovery with membrane plates
- Heat pipe is a great option where exhaust airflows are hazardous and there can be zero cross contamination with the supply air.
- Labs, hospitals, industrial applications.
- Standard air handling units can be accommodated in various configurations to suit project requirements.