Hubbell is located in Connecticut and has been manufacturing electric water heaters for over 100 years. Their lineup of commercial electric water heaters is extensive, including small point-of-use & instantaneous water heaters, larger electric immersion water heaters, long-lasting DHW storage tanks, and complete heat pump water heating systems.
Hubbell’s storage type water heaters are stainless steel or cement lined and are available in ASME & non-ASME rated, and in a range of different sizes and energy inputs.
Their Hydrastone cement lining is applied using centrifugal force for even & complete application. Hydrastone cement is specifically formulated to withstand the harsh effects of elevated water temperatures and water chemistry. As water fills a cement lined tank, it is absorbed into the tank lining. This causes the absorbed water to give up its oxygen, creating an inert layer between the steel tank and the stored water, preventing corrosion of the steel tank.
Hubbell tanks are also available in an unlined 304 or 316 stainless steel material that’s heat treated for extra corrosion resistance. In any of the available tank constructions, they are available with a 10-year warranty for improved longevity over glass-lined tanks in demanding commercial applications.
Hubbell’s cement-lined tanks and do not require anode rods, minimizing the required maintenance over time. Anodes are a sacrificial metal designed to slow down the inevitable corrosion of glass-lined tanks. The requirement of an anode rod is a warning that the tank in question is prone to corrosion & failure!
Electric Tankless (TX/HX/TXA)
- 3 to 162 KW
- Wall mounted
- Fully modulating 0-100%
- Low activation flow rate 0.2 GPM
Heat Pump Systems
- Air or water source, designed specifically for DHW
- 134A refrigerant with internal double wall HX
- Sizes ranging 27 to 273 MBH
- Sized, supplied, controlled and supported as a complete system with DHW storage and electric backup strategy.
Electric Boiler (CR)
- 25 to 1,600 kW
- Carbon steel shell for closed-loop electric boiler applications
- Stainless steel option for domestic water applications
- Useful for heat pump backup applications using resistance elements
Electric Storage (SH/H, E/SE/HE)
- 6 to 5000 gallon capacity
- 1.5 to 1,600 kW inputs
- ASME & non-ASME options
- Vertical & horizontal options
- 10-year tank warranty available
DHW Recirculation Heaters (V)
- For maintaining heat loss in DHW recirculation piping loops
- 1 to 88 kW inputs
- 6 or 16 gallon stainless steel vessel
- ASME stamped tank w/ 10 year warranty
- Solid state temperature control, no moving parts
- Leak detection with alarm output
Commercial Storage Tanks
- 6 to 5,000 gallon capacities
- Hydrastone or 300 series stainless steel
- No anode required
- 10 year tank warranties
- Many customization options